Miami, Florida – A Consumer alert warning about potential cyberattacks was issued by Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody.
“With the growing tensions in Europe and new warnings out of Washington, I want to encourage all Floridians to remain diligent in their efforts to protect identities and financial information online,” said Moody.
Here is how to keep safe from cyber attacks:
• Use strong passwords and do not use the same password for multiple accounts.
• Use security software, and keep it updated.
• Connect a separate bank account to use online payment apps.
• Do not click on links from unknown senders.
• Closely check a sender’s email address or phone number before responding.
• Ignore and block illegal robotexts.
Anyone who encounters a cyberattack can also file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov.